The Lakeside opened in 1915 for the Ascher Brothers circuit and two years later was taken over by the Lubliner & Trinz circuit. It could seat well over a thousand people.
From the IDOT collection.
Source: Illinois Department of Transportation Chicago Traffic photographs
Collection: IDOT Chicago Traffic Photographs (University of Illinois at Chicago)
Repository: Special Collections and University Archives, University of Illinois at Chicago Library